Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there and for good reason. It’s simple to use, visually appealing and provides a platform for brands to communicate with their followers in an engaging way. But what about stories? Stories are a big feature on Instagram, and they’re perfect for engaging your followers in a personal way. In this blog post, we will explore some best practices for creating effective Instagram stories and how you can use them to build relationships with your followers.
What are Instagram Stories?
Instagram Stories is a feature that was first introduced in 2017 and lets you share short, timed videos with your followers. These videos can be up to 10 minutes long, and as of July 2018, they’re the only way to share content on Instagram.
Since Instagram Stories are limited to 10 minutes, it’s important to use them effectively in order to engage your followers and create a positive user experience. Here are some tips for creating great Instagram Stories:
1) Be Unique
Don’t try to copy other platforms or formats when creating your Instagram Stories. Instead, be creative and come up with something that no one has done before. This will make you stand out from the crowd and make your followers want to follow you even more.
2) Use Visuals
Visuals are key when it comes to storytelling on social media, so make sure you use plenty of visuals when creating your stories. This will help build engagement and keep people interested in what you have to say.
3) Don’t Overwhelm Your Followers
Make sure each story is well-written and easy to follow without too many complicated concepts or images. If people can’t understand what you’re saying or viewing, they’ll likely stop following you.
Tips for creating a successful Instagram story
Creating a successful Instagram story requires thoughtful planning and execution. Follow these tips to ensure your story is engaging and leaves your followers wanting more:
1. Choose a unique topic or angle for your story. Don’t just repost other people’s stories without adding something of your own. Be creative!
2. Make sure the images you choose match the tone of your story. If you’re promoting a happy event, use upbeat photos. If you’re writing about an important message, use somber images to fit that tone.
3. Engage with your followers by commenting on their stories and following them back. This will show them that you care about their feedback and encourage them to keep following yours as well!
4. Use hashtags throughout your story to help viewers find related content (and follow you in return!). For example, #happybirthday would work great for a birthday-themed story, while #styleinspo might be appropriate for a fashion-related story.
5. Keep the duration of your story short but sweet; no one wants to watch an entire movie or series on Instagram! Aim for around 2-3 minutes long, max. Anything longer will bore followers and potentially lose them from following you in the future.
Tips for Engaging Your Followers on Instagram Stories
If you’re on Instagram, chances are you’re also following other accounts. And if you’re following other accounts, chances are you’re also engaging with their Stories.
But how do you engage with your followers on Instagram Stories? Here are some tips:
1. Make sure your Stories are interesting and entertaining. Your followers will engage with yours more if they find it enjoyable to watch.
2. Don’t overshare. Keep your Stories to a maximum of 6 minutes, and make sure each one has a unique purpose or idea behind it. Otherwise, your followers might start to lose interest mid-Story.
3. Use hashtags! Hashtags can help your followers find and follow related content more easily, so use them often when posting Stories. And make sure to include relevant keywords in the tags so that people can find what they’re looking for even more easily.
4. Try out new things! Whether it’s using new filters or incorporating quirky animations into your videos, don’t be afraid to experiment with your Stories in order to keep them fresh and engaging for your followers.
How to market your Instagram story
1. Keep your story short and sweet
Your Instagram story should be kept concise, focusing on one or two key points. Avoid going overboard with graphics or videos, and keep your language simple. This will make it easier for followers to follow along and enjoy your content.
2. Use visual storytelling
When telling your story using visuals, aim to create a cohesive narrative. Use images and video to capture the mood of your post, and convey the emotional impact of the event or moment you’re describing. For example, if you’re celebrating a victory with a celebratory Instagram story, use images of happy people in celebration mode. If you’re mourning the loss of a loved one, use images that evoke sadness or heartbreak—these will help followers feel what you’re feeling in the moment.
3. Utilize Hashtags wisely
Hashtags are an important part of storytelling on Instagram, and they can help contextualize your content around popular topics. Try to use relevant hashtags when possible so that interested followers can find and follow your story more easily. However, don’t overuse hashtags—they can become cluttery and lose their impact if used too frequently. Instead, focus on creating clear stories that are rich in content and imagery alone.
4. Promote your story regularly
Make sure to promote your Instagram story regularly so that followers who might not have seen it yet can check
Instagram Stories is a great way to keep your followers engaged and entertained, but there are some best practices you should follow if you want to stand out from the crowd. By following these tips, you will be sure to captivate and engage your followers on Instagram Stories in ways that bring them back for more.